Monday, August 22, 2011

Burger de Ville, Burger de Ville, fresh juicy patties direct from the grill!




... Eating it will give you such a thrill! Burger, oh Burger de Ville~  (To the tune of 'Cruella De Vil'). Oh yes, I'm full of really bad and corny puns. Aaanyway, onwards to the intro!

Burger de Ville is a popular burger joint with a simple and straightforward menu that offers burgers with fresh (read: unfrozen) beef patties, a large variety of toppings, and a small selection of side dishes. While the menu and decor of the restaurant are simple, Burger de Ville proves that it doesn't need all the fancy add-ons by offering some of the juiciest, thickest burgers that I've had in Montreal.




Burger de Ville has been on my to-try list for a while now, but I've always found that their Côte-Saint-Luc location too out of the way, so I never got around to checking it out. Luckily for my friends and I, after being sorely disappointed to find L'entoilage closed, we caught sight of Burger de Ville's bright red sign, shining at us like some beacon of hope. Mayhaps our trip to the plateau wasn't in vain after all!


Accessibility - Grade: B+
It's a 10-15 minute walk from Laurier metro.


Service - Grade: B+
The service is pretty straightforward. You look at the menu and order at the counter, they give you number, and they bring you the food after you seat yourself. The service is fast and efficient, and the waitress was patient when she explained the menu to us. The waitresses who brought us our food were also courteous and polite. To top it off, the owner personally came around to ask us if everything was going alright, and to ask us how we found out about them. Overall, I found the service to be pretty good.


Food - Grade: B+

I don't claim to be a burger connoisseur, nor have I been to the old location. What I do know is what my mouth likes, and I have to say, my mouth liked the burgers.

Bacon Cheeseburger

The patty is juicy and thick, and it has the smokey flavour from the charcoal grill. The patty is cooked so that it's just a little pink in the middle, so that it's nice and tender. It's also not seasoned with fancy spices or garnishes; it's just a simple, honest beef patty. I ordered it with cheese, bacon, pickles, jalapenos peppers, dijon mustard, ketchup, tomatoes and onions.

Muahaha, no more blurry and unfocused pictuers! :D

They weren't stingy on the ingredients. Then again, my only points of references are mainly McDonald's and other fast food franchises, for the most part. I've tried the burgers at Mr. Steer's and Gourmet Burger too, and this burger definitely outshined theirs in terms of portion and ingredients.


Look at it! It's like... Mount Burger. It just needs a tiny olive cross on top and it would be complete. The cheese was melted onto the patty, and the bacon was crispy and chewy. The bun was fluffy and soft, and soaked up the juice of the patty without falling apart. The onions and tomatoes were crisp and fresh, and were abundant enough to lessen the heaviness of the meats. Overall, very enjoyable!


Poutine de Ville

We also tried the Poutine de Ville. This poutine contains a black peppercorn gravy with chunks of goat cheese. The fries themselves were fresh and crispy, and still had the potato skins intact, which I like. The gravy was a little on the salty side, but the peppercorn gave it a nice spicy kick. The goat cheese was a nice touch, but I prefer my cheese to be stringy and messy in poutines.



Price - $
The price is pretty cheap for the amount of food that you're getting, so this restaurant is definitely for students. I had the bacon cheeseburger with an iced tea, and my friends and I split a large Poutine de Ville three ways, so my bill came up to around $12. I think that if you ordered the burger, the drink and a side of fries, it would have come out to around the same amount.


Final Grade: B+
Apart from the fact that I went through a bazillion napkins (the owner even gave us extra when we ordered, warning us that we were going to need them), I quite enjoyed my experience at Burger de Ville. The food was good for the price, the service was friendly, and the restaurant looked clean and simple, and the best part? I no longer have to stress over which bus and route I have to take in order to enjoy a simple yet delicious burger.



Burger de Ville
Burger de ville on Urbanspoon
5282 Boul. St-Laurent, Montreal
(514) 507-5050
http://www.burgerdeville.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment